ADISADEL CENTENARY (2010)|
The remarkable visions of Adisadel founder, Rev. Nathaniel Templyn Hamlyn will reach the centennial mark in January 4th, 2010. From its humble beginnings in 1910 with 29 students at Topp Yard in Cape Coast, the then SPG (Society for the Propagation of the Gospel) Grammar School now occupies a 4 kilometer square campus with 2000 students at Adisadel. Having lived by its motto of "Either the first or with the first", the achievements of the school and the making of Ghana are evident.
The gradual expansion of Adisadel has not been without growing pains. Each epoch of the school's development has been marked by a name change. In 1924 under the headmastership of Samuel Richard Stephen Nicholas, the parochial status of the school was tempered when it became a government assisted school. In that same year the school changed its name to St. Nicholas Grammar School.
In 1934 the most significant transition in the school's history began. Under the headmastership of Rev. Allan John Knight negotiations for the acquisition of land for the current campus began. With the acquisition of the Ebiradze Clan DLC (Donated Land Claim), the upper campus took shape in 1936.
The beginnings of present Adisadel era (1945-1985) were laid by Rev. Canon W.G. Harward. In 1947, the upper school was expanded under his leadership with the establishment of Knight and Canterbury Houses. The academic curriculum was expanded to include a broad range of the sciences in that same year when the science laboratories were built.
More on the school's projects
About Adisadel |Contact us |
View site map
Rev. Nathaniel Hamlyn